This week, we’ve been testing out the new Trunkisaurus suitcase for children. We’ve also got some lovely Trunki goodies to give away.
The Trunkisaurus is the latest addition to the ever-growing Trunki range. In case you’re not familiar with Trunkis, they’re ride-on suitcases for 3-6 year olds.
Here’s what Emily (editor) and her chief tester, JD (3), made of it:
- The look: Green with a marbly effect, the Trunkisaurus has painted on teeth and plastic horns so that it looks like a little monster. JD loved it from the moment it came out the box and can’t wait to take it on holiday.
- The ride: JD gave it some rigorous testing by riding it enthusiastically around the house with me close behind in case it tipped – it didn’t. It’s really well balanced and seems about as safe as any other ride along toy, but with the added benefit of being a suitcase too.
- The storage: It’s really quite spacious in there. I can’t imagine many little ones would need to bring more on holiday than it can hold. With straps on one side to keep clothes in place, and a little pouch for smalls, it’s a fully functional suitcase in miniature. It’s also designed to fit in hand luggage – so your little ones can keep it with them.
- The closing mechanism: Attractive clips adorn either side but they did attract the interest of little hands. JD kept playing with them, and I’m concerned he wouldn’t break them if allowed to test them to their limits. On the plus side, it’s possible to lock them using an attachment on the handle, which should stop that happening.
- The verdict: If you travel a lot with restless little ones, the Trunkisauraus is a good value purchase at £37.99. Thumbs up!
Win a Trunkisaurus Travel Chum
We have three sets of Trunkisaurus Travel Chums to give away.
The chums set includes a wash bag, pencil case and purse. Each has felt teeth and print detail so it looks like a little trail of dinosaurs – lots of fun.
1) Leave a comment with your Twitter ID telling us why you’d like to win a Travel Chum.
2) Tweet the following message: “I want to win a Trunkisaurus Travel Chum from @MumsOnTheBlog. Leave a comment here http://bit.ly/ntb41R & RT to enter.”
We’ll close the competition at 23.59 on 16th October 2011 (one entry per person) and select three winners at random from all those who have done the above.
(Disclosure: The Trunkisaurus and Trunkisaurus Travel Chums have been given to us free of charge by Trunki for the purposes of this review and giveaway. Mums On The Blog reviews are written with total honesty and integrity at all times.)